Finance Manager SEAP (South East Asia, Pacific)Located in Singapore
AB Enzymes is a subsidiary of Associated British Foods PLC (UK) and is a leading company in the enzymes business worldwide. We are a reliable partner for customers in the food, feed and industrial enzymes businesses. Product excellence and innovation are among our key strengths and our customers value these highly. We are looking for an experienced accountant to operate independently and take responsibility for the accounts and our compliance in the region. You will function within a highly profitable growing business, whilst being part of one of the UK’s largest PLC’s.
Finance Manager SEAP (South East Asia, Pacific)
(Located in Singapore)
If you apply successfully for this job, you will join us at an exciting time. With fantastic growth in recent years, we are now working to ensure that this growth can continue for many years to come. You will report directly to the Regional Managing Director and with a functional reporting line to the Group Finance Manager of AB Enzymes, who is based in Germany. You are responsible for the coordination and the management of all aspects of Financial Accounting for the regional business. This includes internal and external reporting (profit, cash, balance sheet), audit, compliance, tax, treasury, insurance, fixed assets and working capital. You will also be responsible for the management of one direct report and the tax and corporate secretarial service provider. In addition, you will be the finance business partner to the Regional Managing director and use your experience, business acumen and analytical skills to influence and drive profitability in the region.
Your key result areas will be:
- Business Partnering: Acting as the financial business partner and being the primary finance confidant for the Regional Managing Director. You will be required to help drive business performance in the region on sales, profitability, operating costs and working capital through detailed analytics and sound business acumen. You will be required to challenge the Regional Managing Director on key decisions and act as a sounding board for key decision making.
- Reporting: Produce high quality and timely monthly financial reports with full review of P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash. This includes monthly accruals and journals and monthly balance sheet reconciliation of GL accounts. Ensure correct accounting in accordance with general accepted accounting principles (IFRS and local GAAP). Support the FP&A team in the delivery of the budget & forecast process and associated activities.
- Strategy and Analysis: Prepare and communicate high quality, accurate and timely financial / non-financial information to the management. This includes explanations of profit and cash bridges, cost centre control, monitoring and review of import costs from sister companies, freight and warehousing cost review, overhead cost analysis and working capital review. Provide value-adding analysis & support while working closely with the regional Managing Directors to formulate the regions strategy.
- Compliance: Ensure full compliance with internal accounting policies and external regulations in collaboration with applicable Group Departments (ABF Treasury / ABF Tax / ABF Group Accounting etc.) and external parties (e.g. Auditors, Tax Consultants, Lawyers). You will also have responsibility for Anti Bribery and Corruption (ABC) compliance and be an ABC Officer within the business.
- Audit, Tax & Treasury: Manage relationships with internal and external parties, being the key point of contact within the business. Co-ordinate audit plans and ensure timely follow up of audit recommendations. Manage all treasure and tax matters.
- HR and Payroll: Ensure the regional HR and payroll matters are completed timely and efficiently by liaising with the payroll provider and global HR team.
Required qualifications and key skills:
- At least a Bachelor degree in accounting, finance, economics or similar
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Finance Manager role (or similar)
- Strong analytical, numerical and IT skills. Demonstrated capability with MS Office products, Experience with SAP essential (FI and CO)
- Previous experience in reporting & consolidation and fundamentals of financial accounting is essential. Audit and /or tax would be a distinct advantage
- Experience of acting as a business partner to business
- Experience of working in an International environment with an European based head office is essential
- Excellent planning and organising skills to effectively manage multiple tasks with competing priorities
- Results driven and ability to ensure the team delivers to deadlines
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English are mandatory. Ability to interact professionally with all levels of an organisation, both internally and externally
- Adherence to the company’s Safety, Health, and Environmental policies and practices
- Qualified Accountant (CPA, CIMA, ACCA, ACA or International equivalent) would be a distinct advantage
- Working knowledge of local GAAP (Singapore GAAP), IFRS and Singapore tax rules
- Strong natural feeling for internal control and compliance requirements in a small local organisation are required; prior experience as an ABC (Anti-Bribery and corruption) officer is an asset
- Working experience of local payroll processing and taxes would be an advantage
This will be an ideal role for you if you are looking to develop a career within a large multinational UK listed group. We offer you a challenging and multifaceted employment opportunity with long-term perspective in a fast-growing leading company in the enzyme industry. We will provide you with the relevant training and support. Our international working environment will offer you the opportunity to further develop yourself personally and professionally. You are asked to travel occasionally (up to 3 times a year) to Europe for (finance) meetings. You will find a progressive team-oriented management which supports you through open communication and accessibility. We offer a performance-based compensation and excellent benefits. Do we have your attention? We are looking forward to receiving your application together with your salary expectations