HR OfficerDarmstadt, Germany
AB Enzymes (www.abenzymes.com) is a subsidiary of Associated British Foods PLC (UK) and it is a leading company in the industrial enzymes business worldwide. We are a reliable partner for customers in the food, feed and industrial enzymes business. Product excellence and innovation are among our key strengths and our customers value these highly. We are headquartered in Darmstadt, Germany with a joint venture in Finland responsible for manufacturing and part of our research (www.roal.fi/in_english). We conduct commercial operations globally and you will operate within a highly profitable growing business, whilst being part of one of the UK’s largest PLC’s.
We are looking for a HR Officer (based in Darmstadt near Frankfurt, Germany). If you apply successfully for this job, you will join us at an exciting time. With fantastic growth in recent years, we are now working to ensure that this growth can continue for many years.
Main purpose of this role is to support activities spanning the broad spectrum of HR including Resourcing, Development, Employee Relations, Compensation & Benefits.
- Consulting and supporting employees on topics and questions across the range of HR aspects e.g. policies and procedures, labor rules, maternity/paternity leave, pay and benefits, collective agreements etc.
- Continuous improvement and optimisation of HR processes, policies and procedures, guiding and directing HR Administration staff.
- Champion improvement in HR processes, automation and utilisation of HRIS.
- Cooperation with Works Council to ensure matters effectively managed in a timely and appropriate manner with appropriate communication approaches.
- Ensuring all starters, leavers, changes and HR administration aspects e.g. time and attendance, Contracts, etc, are processed optimally within the team and required inputs to payroll responsible in place.
- Develop and monitor implementation and functioning of HR policies for Darmstadt and Global HR, in close co-operation with HR Director and HR Managers.
- Administration and continuous improvement of compensation review. Coordinating annual salary review and bonus programme. Collaborating with other functions e.g. finance.
- Support HR Management on projects and initiatives/general operational aspects.
Required Qualifications and Key Skills
- Commercial education, with Human Resources or related field bias highly desirable.
- Significant breadth and depth of experience across spectrum of HR areas and key responsibility areas defined above.
- Sound knowledge knowledge of German labour law and experience dealing with WC related matters.
- Advanced and fluent verbal and written English and German skills
- High planning and organisation skills, able to juggle multiple aspects concurrently
- Experience of utilising HRIS to improve HR processes and effectiveness.
- Microsoft Office skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- High working commitment, open and collaborative with strong customer service orientation.
- Excellent communication and teamworking skills.
- Negotiation and influencing skills, capability to develop constructive relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Experience in payroll aspects and General Data Protection Regulations highly