Procurement ManagerDarmstadt, Germany
AB Enzymes is a subsidiary of Associated British Foods PLC (UK) and it is a leading company in the enzymes business worldwide. We are a reliable partner for customers in the food, feed and industrial enzymes business. Product excellence and innovation are among our key strengths and our customers value these highly. We are headquartered in Darmstadt, Germany with our manufacturing facility based in Finland. We conduct commercial operations globally and you will operate within a highly profitable growing business, whilst being part of one of the UK’s largest PLC’s.
We are looking for a highly motivated:
(Located in Darmstadt, near Frankfurt, Germany)
If you apply successfully for this job, you will join us at an exciting time. With fantastic growth in recent years, we are now working to ensure that this growth can continue for many years. In this key role you will manage Indirect and Service purchases in Roal and AB Enzymes. You will seek options to increase cost effectiveness in procurement ensuring optimized on-time delivery and quality compliance. You will act as business partner closely collaborating with R&D, Supply Chain and other stakeholders to create right procurement practices.
- Optimize Indirect and Service purchase spend within the company
- Identify opportunities for improvements: cost savings, delivery reliability, quality & sustainability etc
- Document and enhance the purchasing processes with approval flows and implement them successfully for each category into SAP
- Team up with relevant stakeholders (like Finance, Marketing, R&D) to create right procurement practices based on their business needs
- Utilizing procurement network inside ABF Group
- Lead price and contract negotiations within Indirect and Service purchases
- Be responsible for supplier portfolio management and purchase strategy creation for Indirect purchases
- Lead implementation of new Source-to-Pay tool
- Follow up category spend
Required qualifications and key skills
- 3+ years of experience in Indirect/Service procurement function
- Excellent English both oral and written, German or Finnish is desirable
- Good communication and networking skills, open minded, internationally thinking, create energy and drive among procurement team and stakeholders
- Up-to-date on the latest procurement best practices
- Understanding of LEAN methodology
- Willingness to travel occasionally (mostly to Finland)
- Knowledge of SAP R/3 is advantage
- Industry background, preferably in chemical industry
We offer you a challenging and multifaceted employment opportunity with long-term perspective in a fast-growing leading company in the enzyme industry. Our international working environment will offer you the opportunity to further develop yourself personally and professionally. You will find a progressive team oriented management which supports you through open communication and accessibility. We offer a performance-based compensation and excellent benefits. Do we have your attention? We are looking forward to receiving your application together with your salary expectations.