Regulatory Affairs Manager EMEADarmstadt, Germany
AB Enzymes is a subsidiary of Associated British Foods PLC (London UK), reporting into the Associated British Foods Ingredients Division (Paris, France), and it is a leading company in the enzymes business operating from sites worldwide, with Head Office in Germany. We are a reliable partner for customers in the food, feed and industrial enzymes businesses. Product excellence and innovation are among our key strengths and our customers’ value these highly.
We are looking for an experienced business partner for the role of Regulatory Affairs Manager. You will operate within a highly profitable growing business, whilst being part of one of the UK’s largest PLC’s.
Regulatory Affairs Manager EMEA
(Located in Darmstadt, Germany)
Reporting to the Head of Global Regulatory Affairs, you will assist in the preparation and coordination of Regulatory Affairs submissions for Food enzymes in the EMEA region to ensure corporate goals are achieved in a timely and compliant manner. The role will support regulatory management in other tasks, such as product documentation, customer service and special projects. The incumbent should have a strong scientific background and solid knowledge of the food enzymes regulations in the region.
- Assist with the preparation, coordination and writing of food enzymes regulatory dossiers in the EMEA region, according to existing guidelines/regulations and company strategy
- Follow emergence of new regulatory requirements and their impact on regulatory projects
- Actively participate in enzyme trade associations (especially in AMFEP)
- Support regulatory management in other tasks, such as product documentation, customer service and special projects
- Assist in the development of internal regulatory policies and procedures
- Communicate with relevant competent authorities regarding our regulatory dossiers
- Liaise with CRO’s for toxicological studies
Required qualifications and key skills
- Master of Science degree, in Life Sciences, Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry,… experience in Toxicology considered an asset
- 5 years of experience in European Food enzymes / food additives / processing aids regulatory environment
- Knowledge of relevant national and international food (ingredients) regulations, specifically on food enzymes and profound interest in identifying, understanding, and meeting the needs of European legislators and Risk assessment bodies
- Exposure to industry groups, government authorities, trade associations and other scientific societies
- Ability to manage complex projects and prioritize actions based on clear and pragmatic criteria.
- Strong team player, results-driven, problem-solving oriented and able to work on multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Able to work in a remote team with minimal daily supervision
- Fluent in English (written and spoken) required, German and French considered an asset
- Strong technical writing skills and outstanding communication
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite
- Availability for national and international travel, 10%
We offer you a challenging and multifaceted employment opportunity with long-term perspective in a fast-growing leading company in the enzyme industry. Our international working environment will offer you the opportunity to further develop yourself personally and professionally. You will find a progressive team-oriented management which supports you through open communication and accessibility. We offer a performance-based compensation and excellent benefits. Do we have your attention? We are looking forward to receiving your application together with your salary expectations.