Application Development Manager Baking SEAPSingapore / SEAP
AB Enzymes is a subsidiary of Associated British Foods PLC (London UK), reporting into the Associated British Foods Ingredients Division (Paris, France), and it is a leading company in the enzymes business present at sites worldwide, with Head Office in Germany. Operating in the Biotechnology industry, we are a reliable partner for customers in the food, feed and technical enzymes businesses. Product excellence and innovation are among our key strengths and our customers value these highly. For more information visit us: https://www.abenzymes.com/en/
If you apply successfully for this job, you will join us at an exciting time. With fantastic growth in recent years, we are now working to ensure that this growth can continue for many years. With a reporting line to the Regional Director SEAP, you will contribute to sustainable scientific application development and knowledge across various industries with a focus on baking.
This is a varied role but the main responsibilities include:
- Translate international baking experience and performance into local solutions
- Provide high-level technical support to key customers, distributors, and high potential projects
- Execute well-designed laboratory trials to strengthen internal application know-how and product portfolio development
- Be an active member of the Global Application Development Team
- Support prioritized sales activities technically in alignment with product strategy
- Identify new business opportunities for sales through market insight, scientific application insight, customer intimacy and portfolio analysis
- Experience in enzymes is a clear asset, but not essential. More importantly you bring in depth knowledge from the baking, baking ingredient, and/or flour milling industry.
- University degree education (e.g. Food Technology or other industry related study) and relevant work experience (minimum 3 years) in Technical Sales / Application Management of food ingredients is required.
- Professionals with a strong specialization in food or practical work experience / education in the bake or biotechnology industry will be considered, too
- Ability to think globally and act locally, enjoy working in different cultural environments
- Capability to effectively translate customer needs into meaningful products with a strong focus on existing product portfolio and gap analysis
- Team player with an outgoing communicative style and good at managing relationships
- Willing and capable to travel (including international, 50-60%)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English are a must, other language skills are a strong asset