Business AnalystDarmstadt, Germany
AB Enzymes is a subsidiary of Associated British Foods PLC (UK) and it is a leading company in the enzymes business worldwide. We are a reliable partner for customers in the food, feed and industrial enzymes businesses. Product excellence and innovation are among our key strengths and our customers value these highly. We are looking for an experienced international accountant who is looking to broaden their international exposure. You will operate within a highly profitable growing business, whilst being part of one of the UK’s largest PLC’s.
We are currently looking for an experienced Business Analyst (Located in Darmstadt, Germany). If you apply successfully for this job, you will join us at an exciting time. With fantastic growth in recent years, we are now working to ensure that this growth can continue for many years. You will complement the Global FPA Team (Financial Planning and Analysis) with a dedicated focus on developing and further establishing solutions for Selling & Overhead costs and NWC analysis. You will also support the FP&A Manager as well as the CFO to drive profitable growth of the business.
Key Result Areas
Month end reporting
Prepare and communicate high quality, accurate and timely financial / non-financial information to management. This includes profit bridges and presentation with full financials and business commentary.
Selling & Overhead
Lead, steer and enhance the selling & overhead analysis for the SLT members (Senior Leadership Team) and their direct reports. Ensure full, accurate and on-time delivery of all selling & overhead reports.
Responsible for overall analysis of total working capital as well as driving actions to ensure delivery of targets for AR & AP.
Budget & Forecast
Support the Finance, Sales, Marketing and other business representatives in the coordination and overall management of the budget & forecast process and associated activities in relation to P&L, Balance sheet, NWC and cash-flow.
Analyse current sales, market & cost trends, develop business analyses to support decision making as well as identifying any problems and recommending solutions. Develop business support tools for quality decision-making in collaboration with Business Managers. Develop relationships with key internal customers and contribute through the business’s team-oriented culture.
Strategy & Project Support
Provide value-adding analysis & support to aid the delivery of the Strategic Plan. Participate in special projects, providing financial support as required, and analyse investment cases as necessary to ensure profitable growth & good payback to the business.
Required Qualifications and Key Skills
- Bachelor or Masters degree in accounting, finance, economics or similar or Qualified Accountant ideally combined with studies or an education in business informatics
- Ideally 1 - 2 years of experience in business planning or financial analysis
- Self-driven with an aspiration to learn more and grow in the organization
- English fluency, both spoken & written. German is desirable.
- Strong analytical, numerical and IT skills.
- Demonstrated capability with MS Office products, In-depth knowledge of hands-on MS Excel, experience with SAP and BI-tools (e.g. Cognos IBM, Qlikview) is strongly desirable.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and attitude for building relationships
- Good written and verbal communication skills are required. Effectiveness in a team situation and ability to develop key cross-functional relationships
- Excellent planning and organising skills to effectively manage multiple projects with competing priorities and work independently
- Capable to work to deadlines and monthly time tables.