Customer Solutions Director BakingDarmstadt, Germany
AB Enzymes is a subsidiary of Associated British Foods PLC (London UK), reporting into the Associated British Foods Ingredients Division (Paris, France), and it is a leading company in the enzymes business operating from sites worldwide, with Head Office in Germany. We are a reliable partner for customers in the food, feed and industrial enzymes businesses. Product excellence and innovation are among our key strengths and our customers’ value these highly.
We are looking for a highly motivated Customer Solutions Director Bake (Located in Darmstadt, near Frankfurt, Germany).
You will be joining our Baking Enzymes Marketing team that is located in Germany, Darmstadt. This team works closely with Sales and R&D and includes both Customer Solutions and Product management. As Customer Solutions Director Bake you will create value by ensuring the effective use of application technology resources for the business line, both for internal and external customers.
- Leadership role for the global Customer Solutions tea
- Effective ownership of application technology resources by maintaining and developing state of the art application expertise within the organisation
- Coordinate global approach of regional customer solutions staff (dotted line) towards customers to ensure uniform perception and service quality across the regions
- Representation of the company towards external application science partners (e.g. Universities) and industry associations
- Stimulate growth through ideation in and between R&D and Marketing based on market insight coming from Sales, market trends or customer needs
- Contribute to the general commercial strategy development and decision making as part of the Business Team Baking Enzymes
- Facilitate and stimulate internal and external ideation processes
- Translation of identified market insights and customer needs into product requirements
- Conversion of a molecule based application ideas into a product ready to market
- Ensure external and customer based focus of application lab activities and effective cooperation with internal application science
- Stimulate application cross-leveraging within the business line and across business lines
- Ensure effective application trainings for both internal and external customers
- Budget ownership for the Customer Solutions team
Required Qualifications and Key Skills
- Very solid technical understanding based on an academic education, preferably food technology, cereal science or related natural sciences.
- Customer focused and communicative personal style - preferably from work experience with providing before-and-after-sales-services in an industry such as the bread improver industry or other bakery ingredients focused companies.
- Solid understanding of both R&D and sales and marketing processes, acquired through relevant education and/or work experience. Previous lab experience in the bakery ingredient area is a must.
- You in depth knowledge and experience from one or several of the baking related industries served by AB Enzymes.
- Experience in enzymes is a clear asset, but not essential.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively translate between technology and customer needs.
- Clear strong leadership skills and will have a track record of driving sustainable organizational performance improvement through effective leadership & change management
- Is able and willing to lead teams and matrix organisations, good at managing horizontal relationships.
- Willingness to travel and communicate with customers.
- Outgoing personality, good interpersonal and communication skills and proven leadership skills are essential.
- Organizational, conceptual thinking and the ability to prioritize and plan on strategic and tactical level
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English are a must, while communication skills in German are a pre.