Financial Planning & Analysis ManagerDarmstadt, Germany
AB Enzymes is a subsidiary of Associated British Foods PLC (London UK), reporting into the Associated British Foods Ingredients Division (Paris, France), and it is a leading company in the enzymes business operating from sites worldwide, with Head Office in Germany. We are a reliable partner for customers in the food, feed and industrial enzymes businesses. Product excellence and innovation are among our key strengths and our customers’ value these highly.
We are looking for an experienced international accountant for the role of Financial Planning & Analysis Manager. You will operate within a highly profitable growing business, whilst being part of one of the UK’s largest PLC’s.
You will report directly to the CFO of AB Enzymes and you are responsible for all aspects of internal management reporting. The business is undergoing a period of change incorporating Integrated Business Planning across the whole business, and where this role plays a vital part in supporting this change and modelling various scenarios on a 3-year time horizon, that then links into the strategic 5-year plan.
The team comprises of 4 staff based on 2 sites (Reporting Manager who co-ordinates the month end close process and budgets and forecasts, two analysts, and a plant controller). You will be in contact with various management levels and will be the Finance lead with Business teams, work closely with the CFO and other senior executives providing analytics and advice as necessary. You must be able to communicate and gain results and respect from a broad spectrum of personnel across many disciplines, countries and cultures.
Managing the team to deliver the monthly management reports into the business and to divisional head office. This includes all aspects of profit, working capital and cash, as well as detailed variance analysis and explanations.
Supporting the manufacturing operations, you and your team will need to have a deep knowledge of product costing, operational performance analysis and provide monthly management reports. Further you will develop business scenario modelling to evaluate investment decisions and carry out post investment reviews.
Strategy & Project Support
Provide decision support to management on short term and long-term objectives, assessing the viability of projects and ensuring profitable growth through continuous monitoring of these objectives. This includes acquisitions, plant expansions, supply chain enhancements, market growth, sales region attractiveness and R&D project viability.
Build financial models to support business decision making. This covers all aspects of analysis to support and enhance decision making including: pricing decisions, customer/product profitability and segmental/regional profitability.
Written and Verbal Presentations
Present insight and recommendations to the business teams on a regular base in the form of reports and analysis as well as representation in business teams, R&D, supply chain and manufacturing meetings.
Produce comprehensive, high quality and timely business analytics (sales analysis, segmental reporting, and regional performance evaluation). Analyse current sales, market & cost trends and develop business analyses to support decision making.
Budget & Forecast
Provide detailed analysis to the Reporting Manager who leads the budget and forecast processes, on sales, product costs, and margins; by working closely with manufacturing, sales and marketing teams.
Improvement & Change initiatives
Be a role model in identifying process and system improvements as part of the continuous improvement culture. Consistently engage team members in seeking out opportunities for improvement. Effectively engage in projects and business initiatives across functions, identify potential future business impacts and evaluate financial implications.
Required Qualifications and Key Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, economics or similar. Qualified Management Accountants (CIMA/CGMA) would hold a distinct advantage
- Experience of operating in a technically complex manufacturing environment, particularly in an analytical role with a minimum 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment (Chemicals, Food, or process manufacturing)
- Deep knowledge of all aspects of product costing
- Strong analytical, numerical and IT skills
- Excellent planning and organising skills to effectively manage multiple tasks with competing priorities for self and the team
- Results driven and ability to ensure the team delivers to deadlines
- Must be confident in taking responsibility and decision making, and working independently
- Sound business acumen
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English are required. German would be a distinct advantage as the role is based in Germany, but this is not critical to the role. Ability to interact professionally with all levels of an organisation, both internally and externally
- Previous experience in managing and leading a team
- Financial accounting knowledge gained in previous roles
- Experience of M&A
- A hands-on experience with SAP or other global management reporting systems is highly desirable
This will be an ideal role for you if you are looking to develop a career within a large multinational UK listed group. We offer you a challenging and multifaceted employment opportunity with long-term perspective in a fast-growing leading company in the enzyme industry. Our international working environment will offer you the opportunity to further develop yourself personally and professionally. You will find a progressive team-oriented management which supports you through open communication and accessibility. We offer a performance-based compensation and excellent benefits. Do we have your attention? We are looking forward to receiving your application together with your salary expectations using the form below.