Global Quality DirectorDarmstadt, Germany or Rajamäki, Finland
AB Enzymes is a subsidiary of Associated British Foods PLC (UK) and it is a leading company in the enzymes business worldwide. We are a reliable partner for customers in the food, feed and industrial enzymes business. Product excellence and innovation are among our key strengths and our customers value these highly. We are headquartered in Darmstadt, Germany with our manufacturing facility based in Finland. We conduct commercial operations globally and you will operate within a highly profitable growing business, whilst being part of one of the UK’s largest PLC’s.
We are looking for an experienced Global Quality Director (Darmstadt/Germany or Rajamäki/Finland). If you apply successfully for this job, you will join us at an exciting time. With fantastic growth in recent years, we are now working to ensure that this growth can continue for many years. The purpose of this role is to ensure and drive quality throughout AB Enzymes globally. The position is responsible for all Quality aspects inside AB Enzymes and includes a "dotted line" responsibility to the Quality Organisation within our Finnish Research and Manufacturing JV ROAL Oy. The target is to develop and lead a quality organisation according to the model of Total Quality Management (TQM) for the fully integrated operations across any organisational boundaries. TQM applies the Deming’s 14 principles (e.g. as presented here: https://www.mindtools.com/pages/article/newSTR_75.htm)
This total quality organisation will cover all quality aspects from R&D, Procurement, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Marketing and Sales. The Quality targets are fully aligned with the corporate strategy. The Global Quality Director aims at integrating and harmonizing the work between teams and departments and improving quality across the organisation. The Quality agenda is communicated in a way that it is fully understood, recognized, accepted and/or respected throughout the organisation and by customers and suppliers. The GQD fully informs the Senior Management about Quality performance to support business decisions. The GQD reports to a member of the SLT, has full authority for personnel actions as well as has extensive knowledge of the function and department processes.
Key Result Areas
- Managing the implementation, administration and measurement of total quality management programs, including Six Sigma initiatives.
- Leading teams to provide training, tools, and logistical assistance for quality initiatives.
- Overseeing development of new testing tools, and measurement methods and systems to ensure products and services meet quality standards.
- Managing subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs.
- Ensuring that strategy is delivered by achieving project / department milestones/goals and adhering to approved budgets.
Required Qualifications and Key Skills
- University degree or equivalent, preferably in Chemistry / Chemical Engineering / Biotechnology / Biochemistry / Enzyme Technology, or similar
- Industry experience of more than 5 years, supervisory experience for at least for 3 years
- Excellent understanding and proven experience in the area of ISO Quality Management preferred in larger companies
- Experience and excellent knowledge around Food and Feed Quality and Safety Standards
- Experience in managing or driving projects, ideally using recognised process improvement methodologies, such as Six Sigma or similar
- Multinational environment experience is essential
- Strong and proven leadership skills. Capable of leading people and getting them involved by building trust, inspiring, motivating and recognizing their contributions
- Team and customer-oriented personality with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Attitude and ambition to commit oneself to the values, strategy, goals and culture of the company – stand for both continuity and change
- High level of responsibility
- Ability to think cross functionally to support finding the best solutions for the company as a whole
- Fluent in English (and preferably in German or Finnish)
- Used to work with Microsoft Office and M-Files (or similar document management system)
We offer you a challenging and multifaceted employment opportunity with long-term perspective in a fast-growing leading company in the enzyme industry. Our international working environment will offer you the opportunity to further develop yourself personally and professionally. You will find a progressive team-oriented management which supports you through open communication and accessibility. We offer a performance-based compensation and excellent benefits. Do we have your attention? We are looking forward to receiving your application together with your salary expectations using the form below.
Address: AB Enzymes GmbH, Feldbergstraße 78, D-64293 Darmstadt
AB Enzymes is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and is determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favorable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements that cannot be shown to be justifiable.