Head of ProcurementRajamäki, Finland
AB Enzymes is a subsidiary of Associated British Foods PLC (UK) and it is a leading company in the enzymes business worldwide. We are a reliable partner for customers in the food, feed and industrial enzymes business. Product excellence and innovation are among our key strengths and our customers value these highly. We are headquartered in Darmstadt, Germany with our manufacturing facility based in Finland. We conduct commercial operations globally and you will operate within a highly profitable growing business, whilst being part of one of the UK’s largest PLC’s.
We are looking for a highly motivated:
Head of Procurement
(Located in Rajamäki, Finland)
If you apply successfully for this job, you will join us at an exciting time. With fantastic growth in recent years, we are now working to ensure that this growth can continue for many years. In this role you will manage and lead procurement operations in Roal and AB Enzymes to drive effectiveness and continuous improvement. A key element will be to supervise the team of buyers (Finland) and the Procurement Manager for indirect spend (Germany). You will report to the Managing Director at our manufacturing site in Rajamäki, Finland.
- Optimize direct spend in production and bought in products (international sourcing environment).
- Optimize indirect and service spend, including global logistics, in Roal and AB Enzymes and identify opportunities for improvement and put place continuous improvement culture.
- Continue to optimize procurement process, including SAP processes.
- Give leadership and direction to procurement team.
- Contribute in manufacturing leadership team and Food Defence (VACCP/TACCP) team to improve overall operations.
- Participate into Integrated Business Planning as a member of SPR (Supply Point Review) and GSR (Global Supply Review) teams.
- Teaming up with relevant stakeholders (like Finance, Logistics, Marketing, R&D) to create right practices on procurement based on their needs.
- Lead price & contract negotiations.
- Responsible for up-to-date contract and purchasing process documentations.
- Manage supplier audit program and ensure supplier audits are timely done.
- Responsible for purchasing budget and strategy creation.
Required qualifications and key skills
- Solid (at least 5-7) years of experience in procurement function and from that 3-4 years in managing procurement operations.
- Excellent English and Finnish both oral and written.
- Understanding of procurement role in safety and occupational health.
- Willingness to travel app. 20% of working time.
- Good communication and networking skills, open minded, internationally thinking, create energy and drive among procurement team and stakeholders.
- Up to date on latest procurement best practices.
- Experience in enzymes technology is a clear asset, but not essential, however industry background, preferably in chemical industry (or food/food ingredients).
- Understanding of LEAN methodology.
We offer you a challenging and multifaceted employment opportunity with long-term perspective in a fast-growing leading company in the enzyme industry. Our international working environment will offer you the opportunity to further develop yourself personally and professionally. You will find a progressive team oriented management which supports you through open communication and accessibility. We offer a performance-based compensation and excellent benefits. Do we have your attention? We are looking forward to receiving your application together with your salary expectations.