Product Manager Food EnzymesDarmstadt, Germany
AB Enzymes (www.abenzymes.com) is a subsidiary of Associated British Foods PLC (UK) and it is a leading company in the industrial enzymes business worldwide. We are a reliable partner for customers in the food, feed and industrial enzymes business. Product excellence and innovation are among our key strengths and our customers value these highly. We are headquartered in Darmstadt, Germany with a joint venture in Finland responsible for manufacturing and part of our research (www.roal.fi/in_english). We conduct commercial operations globally and you will operate within a highly profitable growing business, whilst being part of one of the UK’s largest PLC’s.
We are seeking a Product Manager Food Enzymes (based in Darmstadt near Frankfurt, Germany). If you apply for this position and are successful you will join us at an exciting time. With fantastic growth in recent years, we are now working to ensure that this growth can continue for many years.
As Product Manager, the purpose of this role is to support the global implementation of our strategic goals. You will be responsible for the translation of the strategy into tactical work plans for your product segment. Assessing and supporting all the activities to develop new businesses in the non-baking food sector, performing business and market analysis to support and drive business decisions and direction.
- Providing a strong contribution to strategy creation and implementation on the basis of continuously maintained and developed market research and knowledge.
- Develop and create Product Plans, which support growth targets and maintain business through successful implementation of those Product Plans in the market.
- Evaluation of business opportunities in the food sector.
- Manage product related queries and requests from markets and the Product Support Group.
- Managing the product specification process and supporting the Integrated Product Review process for food enzymes.
Required Qualifications and Key Skills
- Possess an academic degree in Food Technology, Lifesciences, Business or Marketing.
- Have a solid understanding of food technology and product management, acquired through several years experience in the food or food ingredients industry.
- Experience gained within an enzymes related business is highly desirable.
- High customer focus with experience gained within a customer facing role and the ability to present in a highly effective and professional manner.
- Advanced influencing skills, proven ability to be able to think on feet and adapt style to situation and audience.
- Strong analytical and conceptual thinking ability. Possessing a high level of creativity and curiosity, with proven success of developing innovative solutions and approaches.
- High level interpersonal and collaboration skills, able to engage and collaborate effectively with multiple stakeholders in a matrix organisation.
- Planning and organisational skills, able to manage multiple projects/priorities simultaneously.
- Self-starter, taking a proactive approach with a sense of urgency.
- Fluency in both written and verbal English language.
- Knowledge and experience in MS Office and DTP software
- Some travel will be required within the role (approximately 5-8 days per month, but may differ based upon requirements).