Research Scientist - TemporaryDarmstadt, Germany
AB Enzymes (www.abenzymes.com) is a subsidiary of Associated British Foods PLC (UK) and it is a leading company in the industrial enzymes business worldwide. We are a reliable partner for customers in the food, feed and industrial enzymes business. Product excellence and innovation are among our key strengths and our customers value these highly. We are headquartered in Darmstadt, Germany with a joint venture in Finland responsible for manufacturing and part of our research (www.roal.fi/in_english). We conduct commercial operations globally and you will operate within a highly profitable growing business, whilst being part of one of the UK’s largest PLC’s.
We are looking for a Research Scientist (a fixed-term position in Darmstadt near Frankfurt, Germany). This position is a parental leave replacement in the Molecular Biology until December 2019.
If your application is successful, you will join us at an exciting time. Due to our excellent growth in recent years, we are now working toward ensuring that we can sustain this growth. As an enthusiastic and self-motivated Research Scientist in Molecular Biology, you will work in the genetic engineering of bacterial production platforms for secreted enzymes and be an active member of the project team(s) in R & D.
- Performing project-specific research work in molecular biology, biochemistry, and microbiology;
- Executing and delivering project tasks and goals in accordance with agreed schedules;
- Planning, compiling, documenting, analyzing, and interpreting generated data, and regularly reporting to your line manager, other scientists, and other stakeholders; and
- Adhering to our agreed standards and HSE practices.
Required Qualifications and Key Skills
- A scientific education, with a degree (Master of Science, Diploma) in molecular biology (i.e., biotechnology, microbiology, or an adjacent science) and preferably experience in bacterial genetics (Bacillus, optional);
- Hands-on experience in molecular and microbiological techniques, and protein biochemistry methodologies;
- Experience with bacterial and fungal production platforms (optional);
- A good command of spoken and written English and German;
- A result-oriented personality with initiative and a can-do attitude;
- A talent for self-management and structuring work and processes;
- Good interaction and the ability to work in a team;
- Innovative thinking and a proactive approach to problem solving; and the willingness to expand your scientific knowledge.