Senior Business AnalystDarmstadt, Germany
AB Enzymes is a subsidiary of Associated British Foods PLC (London UK), reporting into the Associated British Foods Ingredients Division (Paris, France), and it is a leading company in the enzymes business operating from sites worldwide, with Head Office in Germany. We are a reliable partner for customers in the food, feed and industrial enzymes businesses. Product excellence and innovation are among our key strengths and our customers’ value these highly.
We are looking for an experienced business partner for the role of Senior Business Analyst. You will operate within a highly profitable growing business, whilst being part of one of the UK’s largest PLC’s.
You will be part of the Finance team and report directly to the Financial Planning & Analysis Manager of AB Enzymes based in Finland who is responsible for all aspects of global internal management reporting. The business is undergoing a period of change incorporating Integrated Business Planning across the whole business, and where business analytics and scenario modelling is a vital part in supporting this change. This will be for short term scenarios as well as modelling various scenarios on a 3 year time horizon, that then links into the strategic 5 year plan. It covers all aspects of the business from new product introductions, capacity modelling, sales analysis, pricing decisions etc so the person will work with many functions across the whole global business.
The FP&A team comprises 5 staff based on 2 sites. The team works closely together and you will be expected to support parts of the month end and budget process as well as developing the business analytics.
Strategy & Project Support
- Provide decision support to management on short term and long term objectives
- Assessing the viability of projects and ensuring profitable growth through continuous monitoring of these objectives. This includes acquisitions, plant expansions, supply chain enhancements, market growth, customer pricing, sales region attractiveness and R&D project viability.
- Build financial models to support the business decision making. This covers all aspects of analysis to support and enhance decision making including: pricing decisions, customer/product profitability, segmental/regional profitability and manufacturing optimisation.
- Produce comprehensive, high quality and timely business analytics (Sales analysis, segmental reporting, and regional performance evaluation).
- Analyse current sales, market & cost trends and develop business analyses to support decision making.
- Support the month end closure, forecasts and budget processes.
Required Qualifications and Key Skills
- Bachelor degree in accounting, finance, economics or similar.
- Experience of supply chain, sales, marketing or manufacturing environment in an analytical role with a minimum 5 years’ experience.
- Strong analytical, numerical and IT skills.
- Ability to interact professionally with all levels of an organisation and be a truly support person.
- Team player and willing to support finance colleagues and other functions.
- Excellent planning and organising skills to effectively manage multiple tasks with competing priorities
- Results driven and ability to ensure you deliver to deadlines
- Must be confident in taking responsibility and decision making, and working independently
- Sound business acumen
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English are required. German would be a distinct advantage as the role is based in Germany, but this is not critical to the role.
- Deep knowledge of all aspects of product costing
- Financial accounting knowledge gained in previous roles
- A hands-on experience with SAP or other global management reporting systems is highly desirable.