Senior Scientist Enzyme Biochemistry and Application – Food & BakeDarmstadt, Germany
AB Enzymes is is a subsidiary of Associated British Foods PLC (London UK), reporting into the Associated British Foods Ingredients Division (Paris, France), and it is a leading company in the enzymes business operating from sites worldwide, with Head Office in Germany. Operating in the Biotechnology industry, we are a reliable partner for customers in the food, feed and technical enzymes businesses. Product excellence and innovation are among our key strengths and our customers value these highly. For more information visit us: https://www.abenzymes.com/en/
As Senior Scientist Enzyme Biochemistry and Application – Food & Bake, you will be part of an exciting international R&D and business environment, working with cutting edge technologies and a broad portfolio of diverse projects. This is a challenging senior position with a high level of independence, the opportunity for development, and an attractive compensation package. You will:
- Play a key role in the characterization of our enzymes under application conditions, thereby advancing our knowledge of enzyme behaviour in final Food enzyme applications (e.g., Baking, Protein Modification, Fruit Processing)
- Develop application-relevant assays, both for in-depth characterization and high(er) throughput screening with link to application
- Be responsible for building and strengthening the Food enzyme application expertise inside R&D and work closely together with our Application Development Teams
- Report directly to the Head of Enzyme Technology and as such have the opportunity to actively help shape the discipline.
- Continue to combine the lab-bench with actively coaching members of the team
- Manage complex cross-functional R&D projects; true team player, leading by example
- You will be based in Germany and will interface with global R&D teams located in Germany and in Finland, as well as other disciplines (Application, Production, Business).
As an ideal candidate, you have:
- A scientific education and degree (PhD) and a proven track record in biochemistry, application science, or equivalent.
- Clear experience in the field of Food enzymes, either through prior industry or postdoc positions
- A passion for understanding and using enzymes in application to develop new innovative enzyme solutions for customers
- A hands-on attitude combined with a drive for results
- Experience in enzyme kinetics, development of analytical methods including application-relevant assays and screens
- A deep understanding of protein structure-function relationships (especially of carbohydrate-degrading enzymes) and the ability to translate this into application know-how
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and capabilities
- (fluent in English; written and spoken. German is a plus)