Technician Assistant (BTA, CTA) – Enzyme Analytics and RoboticsDarmstadt, Germany
AB Enzymes is a subsidiary of Associated British Foods and it is a leading company in the research & development and selling of enzymes. We are a reliable partner for customers in the food, feed and textiles businesses worldwide. Product excellence and innovation are among our key strengths, and our customers value these highly. We are looking for a Technician Assistant (BTA, CTA) – enzyme analytics and robotics Based in Darmstadt, Germany).
If you apply successfully for this job, you will join us at an exciting time. With fantastic growth in recent years, we are now working to ensure that this growth can continue for many years. You will be an active member of the R&D Team/Enzymology and actively interface with the whole global Research & Development.
You are mainly responsible for:
- Development, miniaturization and conducting of enzyme activity assays
- Operation of automated liquid handling systems and method set-up on the respective software
- Validation of analytical methods
- Characterization of enzymes (activity and stability)
- Purification of enzymes with FPLC
- Autonomous planning and conducting of practical laboratory work
- Documentation, evaluation and presentation of analytical results
- Generation and maintenance of lab reports and work instructions
The Technician Assistant reports to the Head of Enzymology.
Your required qualifications and key skills:
- Successful completion of training as a technical assistant, BTA, CTA, or an equivalent scientific qualification
- Experience in enzyme assay development
- Experience in robotic and liquid handling instruments
- Experience in protein purification and chromatography
- Excellent knowledge of computer software such as MS Office, experience in UNICORN is desirable
- Flexibility, the ability to work under pressure and the ability to work in a team
- A structured approach to work and the ability to organize everyday activities
- A good command of English
- Interest in the use of high-tech instruments
We offer you a challenging and multifaceted employment opportunity with long-term perspective in a fast-growing leading company in the enzyme industry. Our international working environment will offer you the opportunity to further develop yourself personally and professionally. You will find a progressive team-oriented management which supports you through open communication and accessibility. We offer a performance based compensation and excellent benefits. Do we have your attention? We are looking forward to receiving your application together with your salary using the form below.
Address: AB Enzymes GmbH, Feldbergstraße 78, D-64293 Darmstadt